LiveArtDC is thrilled to bring you our second annual 24 Hour Playmaking Fundraiser Event, LiveArt in a Day!
The Way it Works:
On Friday, April 3rd, at 6pm, the 5 playwrights will each be randomly assigned the following elements:
- One director
- Four actors
- A prop
- A DC landmark (from crowd sourced list)
- A DC celebrity (from crowd sourced list)
Help us tell unique DC stories!
During the LiveArt in a Day event, the plays will explore the sites, personalities and events that make DC the special place it is. But, we need your ideas to make it happen.
What are your quintessential DC experiences, the stories that make living here so unique? What do you want a play built around? How about that time you entered the annual High Heel Race? Or pelted an ex at the Dupont Circle Snowball Fight? Or shyly shadowed Ian MacKaye at the Black Cat? Proposed at the World War I Memorial, cried at the Eastern Market fire? From simply telling us your favorite landmark or your favorite local character, to sharing more complex stories, there are many possibilities, and we want them all.
LiveArtDC would like to thank our sponsors for this event: Anacostia Arts Center.
Emcee: Heather Whitpan & Kevin Finkelstein
Playwrights: Brett Abelman, Lisa Blythe, Richard Byrne, Zachary Fernebok & Hope Villanueva
Directors: Kathleen Akerley, Nick DePinto, Alexander Fernandez, Matt Ripa & Jason Schlafstein
Actors: Seth Alcorn, Christine Alexander, Jonathan Blansfield, Theresa Buechler, Kathleen Burnard, Christian Campbell, Dena Colvin, Theresa Cunningham, Elizabeth Darby, David Dubov, Stefanie Garcia, Julie Garner, Gwen Grastorf, Stacy Mathison, Kyle McGruther, Christin Meador, Momo Nakamura, Erica Smith, Jill Tighe, & Duyen Washington-Braithwaite
Stage Manager: Laura Schlachtmeyer
ASMs: Ashley M. Thweatt & Kelsey Jenkins
Staff: Rebecca & Rachel Herron, & Lorraine Imwold
$15 in advance/$20 at the door
Tickets grant one access to one of the performance times and all three of the bands!
April 4th at the beautiful Anacostia Arts Center.
6pm – Opening Musical Act: Bells & Hunters
7pm — 1st Show of all the Ten-Minute Plays
8pm – Half Time Musical Act: Hollertown
9pm — 2nd Show of all the Ten-Minute Plays
10pm – Closing Musical Act: A Rustic Riot
- Lorraine Imwold, Art
- Porkchop Volcano, Private Improv Show
- Pallas Theatre Collective, Theater Tickets
- Flying V Theatre, Theater Tickets
- Molotov Theatre Tickets & Swag Bag
- Pinky Swear Productions, Theatre Tickets
- Brave Spirits Theatre, Theatre Tickets
- LiveArtDC, Theatre Tickets
more to come!
WAMU Art Beat with Lauren Landau
Apr. 4: LiveArt in a Day 2015
LiveArtDC presents its second annual 24 hour play-making festival this Saturday at 7 and 9 p.m. at Anacostia Arts Center. Here’s how it works. On Friday night, five playwrights will be randomly assigned a team, a prop, a D.C. landmark and a local celebrity. They’ll then have until morning to cobble together a script using those elements, and their teams will have about 9 hours to turn that script into a show.
1231 Good Hope Road, SE Washington, DC 20020
- Take the Green Line to Anacostia Station.
- Walk along Howard RD and turn left onto Martin Luther King Ave SE.
- Walk down Martin Luther King Ave SE (about 7 blocks, 10min) and turn right onto Good Hope Road SE.
- 92 Good Hope RD SE & MLK Ave SE
- 90 MLK Ave SE & U Street SE or Good Hope Road & 13th St.
- P6 MLK Ave SE & U Street SE
- B2 Good Hope RD & 13 Street SE or MLK Ave SE & W Street SE
Capital Bike Share Stations (map)
- Good Hope Rd & 14th St SE
- Good Hope Rd & MLK Ave SE