LiveArtDC is thrilled to bring you our first annual 24 Hour Playmaking Fundraiser Event, LiveArt in a Day!
The Way it Works:
On Friday, April 4th, at 6pm, the 5 playwrights will each be randomly assigned the following elements:
- One director
- Five actors
- A prop
- A DC landmark (from crowd sourced list — see below)
- A DC celebrity (from crowd sourced list — see below)
Help us tell unique DC stories!
During the LiveArt in a Day event, the plays will explore the sites, personalities and events that make DC the special place it is. But, we need your ideas to make it happen.
What are your quintessential DC experiences, the stories that make living here so unique? What do you want a play built around? How about that time you entered the annual High Heel Race? Or pelted an ex at the Dupont Circle Snowball Fight? Or shyly shadowed Ian MacKaye at the Black Cat? Proposed at the World War I Memorial, cried at the Eastern Market fire? From simply telling us your favorite landmark or your favorite local character, to sharing more complex stories, there are many possibilities, and we want them all.
Tweet your idea with hashtag #liveart24 to @liveartdc, or comment here on We Love DC. We will pick the most promising and creative ideas for our playwrights to choose from for their theme.
Emcee: Heather Whitpan
Playwrights: Audrey Cefaly, Brett Abelman, Jennie Berman Eng, Kevin Finkelstein, & Paco Madden
Directors: Alexander Fernandez, Amber Jackson, Jason Schlafstein, Kari Ginsburg, & Nick DePinto
Actors: Angela Pirko, Ann Fraistat, Anna Lathrop, Belén Pifel, Ben Calman, Brandon Mitchell, Carl Long, Christian Sullivan, Christopher Herring, Genevieve James, Harry A. Winter, James Radack, Jill Tighe, Julie Garner, Katrina Clark, Loren Bray, Matt Strote, Melissa Marie Hmelnicky, Momo Nakamura, Pamela H Leahigh, Rebecca Ellis, Sara Bickler, Seth Alcorn, Ty Hallmark, Yoni Gray
Stage Manager: Clem Trott
PAs: Jon Jon Johnson, Lorraine Imwold
$15 in advance/$20 at the door
Tickets grant one access to one of the performance times and all three of the bands!
April 5th at the beautiful Anacostia Arts Center.
- Lorraine Imwold, Art
- Fountains Day Spa, Spa Package
- Dog & pony DC, Theater Tickets
- Jon Jon Johnson, Violin Accompaniment
- Jon Jon Johnson, Voice Lessons
- Seth Alcorn, GRE Tutoring
- Porkchop Volcano, Private Improv Show
- Pallas Theatre Collective, Season Subscription
- Julie Garner, Jewlrey
- Flying V Theatre, Theater Tickets
- Pinky Swear Productions, Theater Tickets
- Benjamin Joseph Jancewicz, Art
- Matt Muirhead, Art
- SOGH, Art
- Scrap DC
- Rebecca Ellis, Skin Consultation & Products by Guinot
- Taffety Punk Theatre Company, Theater Tickets
- Allyson Harkey, Monologue Coaching
- Happenstance Theatre, Theater Tickets
- Washington Nationals Ian Desmond Autographed Baseball
- Kirk Halgren, Art
- Baltimore Shakespeare Factory, Theater Tickets
- Rowing Lesson for 2 on the Potomac
- Share Your DC with LiveArt in a Day – WeLoveDC.com
- Art Beat with Lauren Landau, April 3
- DC Metro Theater Arts Promo
- Take the Green Line to Anacostia Station.
- Walk along Howard RD and turn left onto Martin Luther King Ave SE.
- Walk down Martin Luther King Ave SE (about 7 blocks, 10min) and turn right onto Good Hope Road SE.
- 92 Good Hope RD SE & MLK Ave SE
- 90 MLK Ave SE & U Street SE or Good Hope Road & 13th St.
- P6 MLK Ave SE & U Street SE
- B2 Good Hope RD & 13 Street SE or MLK Ave SE & W Street SE
Capital Bike Share Stations (map)
- Good Hope Rd & 14th St SE
- Good Hope Rd & MLK Ave SE